Update 3.1 - Release Date
Have you seen the pictures of how the upcoming Yamato map looks like? This is just one of the cool new additions we will be adding to World of Tanks Blitz. Find out more about what you can find in Update 3.1 below!
Update 3.1 will be released on 14 September
Servers will be unavailable 14 September from 04:00-08:30 UTC+8.
We want to give you an extra boost as you enjoy playing the new content -- 2 free days of Premium account time!
If you haven't tried playing with Premium, or use it sparingly, here's a great chance to play with increased XP and Credit earnings while you battle! And those currently playing with Premium will get these bonus days at no charge.
Premium Bonus Conditions
- To receive the bonus, you must be a registered World of Tanks Blitz player before Saturday, September 17, 11:00 UTC+8 -- that's when we give everyone the bonus. You will also need to play at least 1 battle during the following time slot before receiving it:
- To claim the bonus, you will need to play 1 battle during: September 17-18 at 11:00 UTC+8. This bonus Premium time will only be active for 48 hours.
Release Notes 3.1
- The main feature of this update is regular clan tournaments with prize funds:
- Clan members will be able to create teams and register them for tournaments. The number of teams from one clan is unlimited.
- Players will only be able to become a team member of their clan and only with an invite from their Captain.
- Participating in tournaments is free of charge; the only limitation is vehicle tier.
- Any player will be able to see the tournament schedule and match score of a particular team.
- Teams are automatically disbanded after the tournament.
- A new map—Yamato Harbor—is ready for players: this time, the battlefield lies in a large port with a moored Japanese battleship—Yamato. The sun is rising above an industrial district that surrounds the warship and hills stretch to the east from the port.
- Map reworks:
- Water and the sky effects were reworked in all maps.
- The sound of wind was added to the maps Himmelsdorf, Mirage, and Vineyards.
- An unplanned bypass leading to a hill was removed from the Canal map.
- A bypass from both teams’ respawns to the central part of the mountain was removed from the Port Bay map.
- Objects hanging in the air on maps Desert Sands and Falls Creek was fixed.
- Parts of the landscape with a high chance of vehicle blocking were fixed.
- Bug with the bridge shoot-through on the Lost Temple map was fixed.
- Mines_TEST map added: players get a chance to test the new version of Mines and provide feedback to developers before the release of the map in Random Battles. Players will be able to take a survey and leave their feedback on the World of Tanks Blitz forum and in official communities in social networks.
- Spectators can now be added to teams. Spectators’ vehicles are destroyed automatically when a battle starts; spectators are able to watch one or both teams by switching between players.
- Supremacy mode selection added.
- 22 new missions were added for Supremacy mode with battle XP and credits as rewards.
- Bonus size and conditions of missions were changed. Several missions were removed from rotation.
- Missions will fill slots depending on the type of the reward: missions in the first slot will have credits as rewards, in the second—battle or Free XP, and in the third—credits, XP, gold, and Premium days.
- The Tech Tree will now feature the INSTANT UPGRADE button, letting players mount all the top modules for any researched vehicle, using gold.
- Two new camos—Inferno and Shattered Ice—available for gold, were added. Their cost will depend on the vehicle Tier.
- Vehicles added to the Tech Tree:
- A new branch of Soviet light tanks. Players will receive three new Tier VI–VIII vehicles: MT-25 (VI), LTTB (VII), and T-54 ltwt. (VIII).
- Premium vehicles: German medium tank Pz.Kpfw. V/IV (V) under the price of 2,400 gold; American medium tank T23E3 (VII) under the price of 4,900 gold.
- Two Premium vehicles were removed from the Tech Tree:
- American light tank М22 Locust (III)
- German light tank T-15 (III)
- Cost of the Soviet Premium tank Valentine II (IV) was increased from 1,000 to 1,500 gold.
- For the German tank destroyer Nashorn (VI), cost of the 8,8 cm Pak L/56 gun research changed from 9,500 to 11,210 XP.
- For the German heavy tank VK 36.01 (H) (VI), cost of the 8,8 cm Kw.K. 36 L/56 gun research changed from 9,500 to 11,210 XP.
- Profitability of Tier VII and VIII vehicles adjusted:
- Spähpanzer SP I C (VII) profitability increased by 24%.
- Spähpanzer Ru 251 (VIII) profitabilityincreased by 18%; repair cost decreased by 28%.
- Balance for Tier VIII–X vehicles changed:
T34 and T34 Independence
- Dispersion ratio on the move/upon traverse changed from 0.32 to 0.3.
- Dispersion ratio upon turret traverse decreased from 0.2 to 0.16.
- Aiming time decreased from 3.4 to 3.1 s.
- M46M73 turret with the 105 mm Gun T5E1M2 gun: dispersion for 100 m decreased from 0.42 to 0.4 m.
- M46T119 turret with the 105 mm Gun T5E1M2 gun: dispersion for 100 m decreased from 0.4 to 0.38 m.
- Top speed increased from 40 to 50km/h.
- Suspension traverse speed decreased from 25 to 23 deg/s.
E 50 Ausf. M
- Turret hull armor increased from 185 to 250 mm.
- Mantlet armor increased from 185 to 250 mm.
- Commander's cupola was reworked; turret hull is now more sloped.
- Armor of the turret hull is now 177.8 across the whole surface.
- Mantlet armor increased from 114.3 to 177.8 mm.
- Armor of the rear part of the hull wall increased from 50.8 to 76.2 mm.
- Top speed increased from 45 to 48 km/h.
- Guns 90 mm Gun M41 and 105 mm Gun T5E1M2 were removed:
- If the 90 mm Gun M41 gun was mounted on the vehicle, it will be replaced with the 105 mm Gun M68.
- If the 105 mm Gun T5E1M2 gun was mounted on the vehicle, it will be replaced with the 105 mm Gun M68.
- If the 105 mm Gun M68 gun was mounted on the vehicle, players will receive a compensation of 45,000 XP.
GENERAL FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- For the Sentinel AC I, a ramming device of a medium caliber was added.
- Collisions added for the Premium tank Pz.Kpfw. IV Schmalturm.
- Display of elevation and traversing markers were added in battle: lighting added upon reaching extreme positions.
- Sequence for auto resupplying shells, consumables, ammunition, and camouflage after the battle was changed. Now the process doesn’t stop if a player doesn’t have enough gold to buy shells: consumables, ammunition, and camos are resupplied automatically for credits.
- Camo purchase mechanics were reworked: now a camo can be replaced with another one considering the difference in prices for resupply.
- Graphic settings were reworked: the Ultralow quality mode was added for objects and vehicles.
- Bug with unavailable camera control upon tapping the reload indicator and range finder area was fixed (for touch screen devices).
- Bug with command buttons “Affirmative!” and “Negative!” was fixed (Win10, MacOS).
- Bug with the app crashing upon trying to edit the name/description of the created clan was fixed (Mac).
- Graphics quality level in Settings was changed from Manual to High by default (iOS).
- Bug with the too dark color of the Tiger I was fixed.
- For the AT 15A: bug with the unavailable purchasing and selling of equipment was fixed.
- Bug when the player was disconnected from the server after they minimized the app was fixed.
- Bug fixed where the counter for slot purchases for credits by the Clan Supply bonus was functioning incorrectly.
- Bug when the notification about a vehicle Milestone appeared after the vehicle had been sold was fixed.
- Bug with the reloading animation error upon delayed battle entering was fixed.
- The Kuro Mori Mine tank was added to the Hunter award description.
- Bug when the currency for purchasing Premium shells changed after disabling/enabling auto resupply was fixed.
- Bug with the emblems of a legendary camo appearing on the Cromwell Berlin after it had been destroyed was fixed.
- Bug with incorrect display of the T1 Cunningham shield was fixed.
- Bug where saving battle results for less than ten battles in the Notifications tab was fixed.
- Bug where the capture progress bar in Supremacy mode didn’t fill up after the base had been captured was fixed.
- Bug with the slight shift of the speedometer at the beginning of the battle was fixed.
- Bug with no effects during the first time the initial the game screen appeared after downloading the app was fixed.
- Notification and description texts were fixed in-game.
- General bugs and client crashes were fixed.