UPDATE 2.6 - Coming Soon!
You've probably already heard of the new stuff in Update 2.6. But if you haven't, here's a quick recap - there will be 6 new German Light Tanks added to the tech tree; an updated Middleburg map; new shooting mechanics; and the introduction of chat rooms.
We hope you enjoy this update!
Check the patch notes below for more details.
Update 2.6 will be released on 10 February
Servers will be unavailable 10 February from 05:00-08:00 UTC+8.
We want to give you an extra boost as you enjoy playing the new content -- 2 free days of Premium account time!
If you haven't tried playing with Premium, or use it sparingly, here's a great chance to play with increased XP and Credit earnings while you battle! And those currently playing with Premium will get these bonus days at no charge.
Premium Bonus Conditions
- To receive the bonus, you must be a registered World of Tanks Blitz player before Saturday, February 13, 11:00 UTC+8 -- that's when we give everyone the bonus. You will also need to play at least 1 battle during the following time slot before receiving it:
- To claim the bonus, you will need to play 1 battle during: February 13-14 at 11:00 UTC+8. This bonus Premium time will only be active for 48 hours.
Release Notes 2.6
- New branch of German light tanks added to the Tech Tree. Players will see 6 new Tier III-VIII vehicles: Pz II G (III), Pz.Kpfw. II Luchs (IV), VK 16.02 Leopard (V), VK 28.01 (VI), Spähpanzer S P I C (VII), Ru 251 (VIII);
- New mechanics: shooting through obstacles.
A shell continues to move with reduced penetration after the object is destroyed (except for HEAT and HE shells that stop moving). Thus, a shell can now damage more than one object.
- Missions can now be reset or skipped by using gold: the player can pay 50 gold for any of these options.
- Full-featured ricochets implemented in the game. An option for damaging a vehicle or destroying an object after the ricochet has been added.
- General chat channels in different languages.
- Information about Supply bonuses (discount on repairs and consumables) will now be displayed in battle results.
- Icons for container research statuses (both for the clan and for the player) added to the Supply main screen.
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Crossing capacity on soft terrain improved for all vehicles. Medium and light tanks faced the most considerable changes.
- The Middleburg map has been completely reworked: improved sounds and light, updated graphics and balance.
- Congratulation windows added to the Clan Supply functionality. They are displayed when the player unlocks the next level of Supply or Personal Access.
- Six new tooltips related to Supply and auto-recruiting added to the battle loading screen.
- On the Canal map, flag capture point changed and capture radius reduced.
- On the Fort Despair map, base capture time changed to 100 s for one vehicle.
- Spawn points reorganized on the Mines map.
- On the Black Goldville map, base capture time changed to 100 s for one vehicle.
- On the Castilla map, team spawn points reorganized and corner pass removed.
- Arabian region added.
- New medal added: the commemorative token "For Creative Input" will be granted to players for high rankings in creative contests.
- The shape of the AC 1 Sentinel machine gun was reworked: due to polygonal restrictions the model used to be more ribbed. The reworked machine gun has become smoother and more historically accurate.
- Indication of vehicle drowning added: vehicle markers change to “destroyed”.
- Bug with sniper mode enabling before the battle starts fixed: now it cannot be enabled before the battle starts and the camera doesn’t make a 180-degree turn.
- Lighting on the Himmelsdorf map fixed: the color of winter camouflages no longer resembles the desert ones.
- Mission allocation algorithm improved. Vehicles in which the player fights more often will have a greater effect on the mission level.
- Issues with chat in the battle tutorial fixed (W10).
- Chat short-cut icons improved.
- Minor improvements introduced to the following vehicles: MS-1, T-127, BT-7, T-62A, T1 Cunningham, Tiger (P), Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t) n.A., T1 Heavy Tank, M6.
- Issue with chat shortcuts available after the vehicle has been destroyed fixed (W10).
- Bug with continuous loading of the game client after quitting the clan fixed.
- Layout of the technical characteristics screens fixed (category name placement, text colors).
- Bug with a pole crashing into the camera on the Canal map fixed.
- Bug with zoom enabled in Sniper Mode when changing the window size fixed (W10).
- Bug with incorrect operation of the button for skipping the battle tutorial for demo accounts fixed.
- Bug with disappearing clan motto string when it is left empty fixed.
- Issue with incorrect mouse scroll functioning in a chat fixed (W10).
- Mastery badges icons improved.
- Bugs with camouflage functioning fixed.
- Notification and description texts fixed.
- General errors and client crashes fixed.