[Contest] Blitz Camo
The master of disguise can be king of everything. While invisibility does not give you invincibility, the ability to stay hidden while in sniping range of your enemy is priceless. Selection of camouflage is an important factor to victory - along with good strategic skills, accurate shots, and team work.
If you want to show off your camo design skills to the world, look no further. This contest will put the best of what you've got against what our comrades from other regions have. Only one camo in the world will be selected for addition into the game with credits to the artist.
That's one pretty cool way to immortalise your artwork, isn't it?
If you want your entry to be the grand winning entry, read the details below really carefully.
Event Start: 16 May, 2016 (Monday) @ 18:00 UTC+8 (10:00 UTC)
Event End: 30 May, 2016 (Monday) @ 23:59 UTC+8 (15:59 UTC)
- Administration of the project will be carried out by the organiser.
- The contest is interregional, i.e. it's carried out simultaneously for all clusters of World of Tanks Blitz.
- Jury of the contest reserves the right to exclude from participation the works that do not comply with the rules and requirements of the contest. The jury also has the right not to enter into the correspondence or not to explain the reasons of the work rejection to the participants.
- Organizer reserves the right to make decisions on all issues related to the contest, including rule changing and settling disputable situations at their own discretion.
Rules of Contest Participation
- Contestants are to create a unique camouflage and upload it here.
- Any World of Tanks Blitz player can participate in the contest. Only one work is accepted from each contestant.
- Note that works submitted for the contest should not contain any political context, encourage conflicts, or propagate prohibited substances. The works should not violate moral, ethical and legal standards, and User Agreement. If the work violates any of these requirements, it is excluded from the participation, and relevant restrictions are applied to its artist.
- By participating in the contest, the participants agree with its rules and conditions.
- After the publication of the work in the official contest topic, the exclusive rights for the work are conveyed to the Wargaming.net company in accordance with Chapter 11 of the End User License Agreement.
- The work should be created specifically for the contest and during its period.
How to Create a Camo
The size of yor camouflage design should be 256x256 px. It’s also necessary to attach an image of your selected tank in your designed camouflage.
The picture should be of a tile type. (i.e. a small image of a certain size that works as a fragment of a bigger picture).
- Your tile can be transparent or semi-transparent.
- Sides of the tile must overlap and create a bigger image, as shown in the picture below:
To create a contest entry, follow these steps:
- Download template of the tank you want in .psd format via the link
Template for E100;
Template for FV215b (183);
Template for IS-7;
Template for STA-1;
Template for T110E5
- Open template.psd in Adobe Photoshop
- Double click the “Tap to edit” layer:
- In the open window, insert your own camo.
- Save your camo by pressing Ctrl + S (for Windows) or Cmd + S (for Mac). The image in template.psd should update automatically.
- Save the ready image as a PNG file and upload it in a comment to this topic together with the picture of the camo in the size of 256x256 px.
This contest is interregional. Based on the results of the contest, one camo (the best within all regions) will be added to the game client with its artist’s name indicated.
In addition to the main prize, you will also have a chance to receive the following awards:
- 1st place: 5,000; Medal For Creative Input
- 2nd place: 3,000; Medal For Creative Input
- 3rd place: 2,000; Medal For Creative Input
Medal For Creative Input is a truly rare and honorable achievement. This medal is even rarer than the Kolobanov's Medal and Raseiniai Heroes' Medal, so wear it proudly!
- The prize fund can be awarded to any artist who uploads works on the forum topic. Works will be added into one international gallery and judged from there.
- The contest is interregional and is held for all players from all clusters: RU, EU, NA, and Asia. One winner camo (for all the regions) will be added to the game with its artist’s name indicated.